Keep your data safe through Private Share.
Share files privately prevent recipients from resharing and set expiration dates.
Anonymity is guaranteed by non-account. And if the recipient receives the file the file is deleted from the server.
[How to use]
Using Private Share feature you can share files such as photos videos recording files and text.
There are 2 ways to use Private Share feature like below.
1. Go to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Private Share > Select a recipient of the contact list and press the Send button.
2. In Gallery app or My files app select a file and tap Share and then tap Private Share select a recipient of the contact list and press the Send button.
If you select "Add Private Share to Apps screen " Private Share Icon will be added on the screen.
You can select up to 5 people. You may send up to 10 files totaling up to 20MB at once. Private Share only supports 1:1 file sharing.
You can customize file reading periods from 1 minute to 180 days. (Default setting is 2 days)
To change expiry date follow the below ways.
1. Before sending the file
Go to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Private Share > Settings icon on the right top corner > File expiration date setting
2. After sending the file
① In Private Share app select a recipient on the list of Sent tab and select a file what you want to change expiry date.
② Tap More (︙).
③ Tap Change expiration date.
And If you want to revoke the permission of recipient before the expiry date select a file what you want to revoke the permission and tap more (︙) and then tap Revoke sharing.
After the reading period has expired the recipient can not view the file anymore.
*** Required App Permissions ***
Below mandatory permission is required for basic features of Private Share. Even if optional permission are denied. basic features may work properly.
- Contacts : Used to transfer files through the recipient's contact lists stored on the device
- Phone : Used to check of validating the user's phone number
- Storage : Used to transfer files stored on the device
Private Share can be only supported Galaxy mobile phone that have Android OS 9.0(POS) or higher.
Go to Settings > Biometrics and Security > Private Share
Tablet and PC is not supported Private Share feature and it's only supported between Galaxy mobile devices.
※ Your phone number is needed as an ID for Private Share. Make sure you can read the phone number from SIM (Setting > About phone). If you can not read the phone number from the SIM card please check if VoLTE turned on for mobile network connection.
※ The supported file formats are as below.
- Image(.jpeg .jpg .png .gif .bmp .webp)
- Video(.webm .mp4 .3gp .mkv)
- Audio(.mp3 .wav.ogg .m4a)
- Text (.txt .pdf)